Sunday, January 30, 2011

Simplicity

Simplicity
by John Trent

I arose at 0500 this morning to prepare for our company's budget meeting.  No complaints though, I am always thankful to once again have another go at life today.  It's funny, I remember telling myself,  while in high school and college, how I would never study, do homework, prepare for tests, and write papers ever again.  I laugh at those naive thoughts and how much I really didn't know about life.

Everyday is a test...........  Everyday we are graded or judged on how well we work, how we parent, being a neighbor and the list goes on and on.  As children we are insulated from these difficulties, but as we mature and enter the world of grown-ups, our child-like essence slowly evaporates.  Many of us long for those pure and simple days only to realize WE have forever changed

Tom Stoppard said, "If you carry your childhood with you, you never become older." So true in so many ways, we should all seek a return to simplicity.....  In reality, we don't need much.  We need protection from the elements, sustenance, and love.  A true and wonderful love.  Not that of a teen, but a true and simple love founded on kindness, humility, and respect for all beings.

No comments:

Post a Comment