Sunday, November 28, 2010

Now

Photograph by J. Trent





















Now
by John Trent

Memories are but dreams of yesterdays past
Affixing past emotions to my present mind
I relive minute details and rethink each outcome
Uncovering more questions as my thoughts unwind

So what are these feelings?
Why are they here?
Memories aren’t present
So it must be fear

My future’s a dream of endless potentialities
Creating much stress in my present day life
Exponential the variations, yet none are here
Still the pressure builds and produces more strife

So what are these feelings?
Why are they here?
The future is non-existent
So it has to be fear

So afraid of the past and afraid of my future
I'm reliving each detail as I remain in distress
Though neither exists and neither are present
If I just lived in each moment, then I wouldn’t obsess

No comments:

Post a Comment