Sunday, November 28, 2010

Reunion

Photograph by Unknown





















Reunion
by John Trent

Angst and fear, behind the locked door
Dormant and restless for so many years
Forever restrained, the recesses of being
Waiting and peering through each veil of life

Blades of memories escape its seams
Grey fades to black down a forgotten hall
Behind fond memories, I hide and wait
As insanity’s hand slowly twists the knob

Memories cut! Then pierce the dark!
Exposing fragments of forgotten dread
Fear overwhelms! Anxiety consumes!
My ghoulish specters possess each thought

Confront these fears? Or conceal my wounds?
No strength to battle, with remorse I submit
Down life’s hall to the once locked door!
Entering darkness of a soul’s lonely place

The knob slowly spins, I re-lock the door
Imprisoned forever by my own device
Reliving each moment with a failure’s doubt
My captives freed, but I’m sentenced to life!

No comments:

Post a Comment